8.14.2011

irese ♥ Ang Babae Sa Septic Tank


I am no fan of indie films. I admit that! I just find these films boring and uninteresting, and though I know for a fact that there are some that are genuinely creative and amazing, I would still prefer those commercialized films which are loved by many.

Last Friday, I watched "Ang Babae Sa Septic Tank" with my work girlfriends and damn, how this movie had made me an instant indie film fan!

Few days before Friday, I was already wanting to watch this film since I am just in love with anything comedy. I watched the trailer and I thought this film is about a woman and how she had raised her many children despite poverty.

But I was halfly wrong!

Ang Babae Sa Septic Tank is not about that woman. It's about indie filmmakers and their struggle and work to produce a creative film that would be their ticket to Cannes and Oscars. The film started boring and awkward. Then JM de Guzman, Kean Cipriano and Cai Cortez went in, then Eugene Domingo as Eugene Domingo came in who added extra hilarity to the whole film. And that's the time I became very interested of what the film is all about!

Seriously, I have been impressed! When the film ended, we were all like, "WTF! That's it? SERIOUSLY?!", We all went out of the movie house frowning and with question marks on our face! I went home still thinking about the movie. Few more times of thinking and I finally knew what the movie wants me to feel and think! Indeed, it's BRILLIANT! ALL KINDS OF BRILLIANT, I say!



No comments:

Post a Comment