7.23.2010

in glee for Glee

I seriously believe that FIRST IMPRESSION SUCKS!
I've heard of Glee before almost everywhere-- on twitter, on facebook, online sites, on my toilet, under my bed, but I had never given myself the chance to watch an episode just before the season ends, having the impression that it's just an ordinary cheap show/musical with an exagged cheap drama-plot. So I end up eaten ONLY by my kpop obsession having myself trapped in a kpop cage and making me non-kpop uncivilized!  And I awfully regret this whole thing.

The timing of my Glee obsession is just bad. The show ended last month leaving me spazzing about Glee just all by myself -- alone--in the corner of my room, infront of my PC. Metaphorically speaking, it's like all the people have already reached the puberty stage few years back and I'm the only one undergoing this now. And they're all laughing at me coz they already moved on and I haven't!

So instead of being sad for being a Glee late-bloomer (???) and have you all telling me to have that 'L' sign on my forehead for being such a loser, lemme just spazz and tell you about what I think and love about my new obsession.


THE CAST

I LIKE ALL OF THEM. Like every single one of them is me. I can relate to her, I can relate to him, I can relate to all of them. This is probably the reason why the show was a humongous hit, coz every person watching the show has a character that he/she can relate into.

I totally love and adore:
Rachel Berry's optimism and passion of being a star,
Finn Hudson's height and cute face,
Quinn Fabray's body and blonde curly hair,
Puck Puckerman's H-O-T-N-E-S-S! (check out my future post about him)
Kurt Hummel's fab-ness,
Mercedes Jones' name and voice,
Artie Abram's glasses,
Tina Cohen-Chang's asian blood & hair highlights,
Santana Lopez' tan slim body,
Brittany's low & calm voice (you totally should listen to her!),
Jesse St. James' speaking eyes and curly hair,
Will Schuester's arm muscles (esp when he wears body-fitted shirts. damn!), and
Sue Sylvester's VILLAINability! She totally got the skills!


THE PERFORMANCES
As much as I would love to attach all the performance vids here from season 1, I just can't and for sure this page would take gazillion minutes to fully load. So I'll just pick three performances that I will NEVER get tired of watching!

This was the first performance that totally kicked me off my chair and caused my palms to turn red coz I can't stop myself from clapping after watching it! It even made me download not just the song, but Jazmine Sullivan's full album! Amber Riley(Mercedes) amazingly nailed this!

I can't find a decent vid for this performance so my apologies, but I'm pretty sure that if you're a Gleek, then you already had pressed the play button a hundred times already! And if you had knew me real enough, I think I don't need to explain why I like this video so bad that I totally would want to sleep with it! Nothing could beat 5 men wearing tuxedos, dancing sexy on the tune of 'I Wanna Sex You Up'! and my new man-addiction, Puck, is just effin' S-M-E-X-Y! I just realized that I do have some dreamful obsessions for hot men who sport mohawks and sing well. *coughTAEYANGcoughPUCKcough* But since Puck already shaved his head, then hot bald men will do!And I don't effin' care is he's a SEX SHARK,and if he really is, then I'll go dive in the middle of the ocean, with no life jacket or lifebuoy!

Not much dancing drama and over-the-top costumes. Just them, sitting, with plain colored shirts. It's refreshing and calm. I could totally watch this when I'm depressed coz of my low college grades, or when I can't get myself up with shitloads of programming stuff.. It's not that this perf could totally solve everything, but it makes you feel wonderful, loved, and special. Am I that cheesy? hell yes? hell no!

THE BOTTOMLINE
IM A GLEEK! 
I could totally rock a shirt with a 'I GLEE' sign. Season 1 had totally screwed my diskspace with 7.51GB and I wouldn't mind season 2 screwing it again! I love the show, and I want more

No comments:

Post a Comment